неділя, 26 січня 2020 р.

People you meet. David Vong

I often buy postcards from the artists of the art markets, as I do not even potentially see where would I put a painting if I would possess one someday. With all the everlasting wandering around, you have a chance to interact with/meet plenty of very talented people.
That was some grayish day in Paris, and I and a friend were joining some other friends for a brunch. The brunch has almost faded from my memory by now, but I do remember the walk after, as it was the first time I got to that mysterious 'second floor' view of Paris, crowded with plants, and that day - art. One of the artworks which draw my attention was a painting of a tree, a big green tree in the shape of a giant balloon. I was excited to ask about the work of the painter, and that's when I met David's brother. I got to know that David had a project to sketch one tree per day.


A year or so later, I have managed to meet David on one of the expos he was participating, unfortunately, the expo had only a couple of his paintings. I know there was an expo much later exposing all 365 trees, but I was not around Paris to check it out.

Some of those 365 sketches and other artwork of David Vong, you can find here:
https://www.instagram.com/vongdavid/
and here:
https://arbredujour.tumblr.com/

I was amazed by the variety of the forms David would come up with. Then one evening, I was walking by Jardin de Luxembourg, dark streets and the light would make trees appear differently from what I used to see,  and I thought, many of those however different they look still can be drawn from nature.  

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар